Without volunteers the Southold and Riverhead Animal Shelters would not be able to operate. All volunteers are welcome.
Suggestions for volunteer opportunities at our Shelters include:
- Dog walker and Companion – Available everyday. Orientation required. This means the world to our dogs. They look forward to their walks daily.
- Cat and kitten cuddling everyday!
- Temporary Foster Parents – Volunteers are needed on as needed basis to temporarily foster kittens and dogs.
- Yard work and Gardening – Do you have a green thumb? Come and help us make our grounds look beautiful.
- Groomer – Do you have grooming experience? help our companion dogs look their best for adoption events.
- Clean Freaks! We always need help keeping out facilities spotless.
- Publicity – are you a talented writer? We need you to tell our shelter stories.
- Photographer? We always need pics.
- Help showcase our adoptable animals at our off-site adoption events.
- Transportation for off-site events and vet visits.
If you would like to volunteer at one of our shelters, please submit an application by filling out the following online form. All information needs to be filled in, incomplete forms cannot be considered.
Scroll to the bottom of this page if you would prefer to download and print the application.
If you prefer, you can download, print, and mail your volunteer application.
Click here to download: