Manager of Development
The North Fork Animal Welfare League (NFAWL), a top rated not-for-profit organization responsible for two municipal shelters on the East End of Long Island, is looking for a full-time Manager of Development. The Manager of Development will be responsible for ensuring that the NFAWL continues to build and expand both its donor base and public image.
Manager of Development Key Responsibilities
- Solicit, nurture and increase donor base and fundraising revenue from multiple sources, including individuals, foundation grants and corporate sponsors.
- Utilize to the fullest our Blackbaud/eTapestry donor management software to accomplish fundraising goals.
- Plan, promote and manage NFAWL fundraising events.
- Use all social media to support fundraising, marketing and adoption goals.
- Develop relationships with local and regional media outlets for the purpose of promoting NFAWL.
- Send email marketing campaigns on a consistent basis (i.e. Pet of the Week, Pet Q & A).
- Play a lead role in the organization of NFAWL’s public relations efforts, including live events in the community.
- Work with NFAWL’s Executive Director, Volunteer Coordinator and Board Marketing Committee.
- Implement above-referenced responsibilities in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Business acumen
- Ethical practice
- Relationship management
- Public speaking
Required Education & Experience
- College is degree preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Blackbaud/eTapestry, Constant Contact and/or similar software a plus.
- Passion for the mission of the NFAWL.
- Marketing experience preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in a non-profit leadership or similar fundraising role preferred.
- Strong computer literacy and high comfort level with learning new software.
- Diverse social media experience and its use as marketing tool.
Full time, Monday-Friday, with flexibility to work some weekends and evenings.
NFAWL Executive Director, with monthly presentations of goal attainment to the Board of Directors.
email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The North Fork Animal Welfare League is an Equal Opportunity Employer.